Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This Dream's Too Amazing

Last year during a retreat I attended, we were asked to write down a list of things we want to happen. A bucket list some would say. The list was composed of things I want to do with my life—the things I dream of. After reflecting on the list, I realized that they were all things I was capable of doing. I wrote down my dreams of owning a farm with chickens, going to culinary arts school and starting a bakery/cafĂ©, teaching at my high school, traveling the world. I can make these things happen.

Part of me wonders if I should dream bigger.

But where do I begin?

It seems overwhelming.

I was recently told that I can do so much more with my life than just go back to my high school after college and teach students how to appreciate the beauty of literature. But what should I do? How do I start to change the world, because I really don’t think my farm with chickens is going to achieve that reality? I suppose you never know though, maybe my farm will start a network of local and organic farms. There is an endless amount of avenues I can go down in life, and I don’t know which one will make the most difference. And what if the one I choose doesn’t make me happy.

My mom recently said to me that life doesn’t end after college. Your life is a constant state of change in which you can make a difference. Every day you can find a new passion. So, I suppose I don’t need to know right now how I will change the world. At any point in my life I can change paths and start a new dream.

There are endless possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. fortune from a fortune cookie: "big journeys begin with a single step."

    keep stepping forward, love. we are so young and our dreams will grow as we grow.

    i love you, mt

    ReplyDelete