Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

can you gaze into the future for me? It'll just take a sec

Where do you see yourself in ten years? Five years? What about one year?

It isn't an uncommon question. very job interviewy but still, most folks are expected to have an answer for it. But getting on a specific path for a specific goal freaks me out. As I have mentioned before I have had trouble with this when I was a bit younger and I don't know how I feel about it. I mean it really puts the pressure on someone to have a good answer. Even if they did have a good idea of where they saw themselves could they articulate it in a short spoken paragraph? I understand the purpose of the question isn't to freak anyone out but rather glimpse into where a person sees themself in the future.

I feel many of us know many places where we would like to end up. I don't mean to hate on you who have a specific goal in mind I am simply saying its an odd thing to ask expecting a quick synopsis. I mean I found a goal, still tryin to find the path but at least i have a destination and that makes me feel so much better than when I was just floating around. I have an answer to the question but I doubt my quick answer would do justice to what I want to do with my life.

I guess this turned into a bit of a rant... rats.

So to end a little less unhappily here is Charlie talking to himself in ten years.



-Three Feathers

No comments:

Post a Comment