Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Elecric Feelin

Sorry for my absence the past week. I have been caught up in all the snow and following the craziness in Egypt. I will be back for real soon I promise!

I have been in New York snowed in after storm after lovely storm has made their way here, and yes in my twin bed I have been remembering my dreams more than usual. I have practiced lucid dreaming for as long as I can remember but it dosn't happen all the time. It falls to a question I often forget to ask: "hey is this a dream?". Sometimes something crazy seems perfectly acceptable. Other times I will be so wrapped up in what's happening the question won't even cross my mind.

So, I resolved to leave you with a cool video showing how awesome (or awesomely odd) dreams can be. I have puzzled over what video I want to use to represent my interpretation of this (Lady GaGa, MGMT, Waking Life, etc.) but there are so many good ones out there I figured you can just as easily search for yourself as long as you know this isn't my end all/be all of what my dreams are. After all, this is an artists representation of their dream, not mine. Only I can know what my dreams are like even if I spent all day telling you what mine were like. It is both beautiful and frustrating because it is unknowable. Even I forget pieces of my dreams until they are little more than a faded memory if even that.


If you haven't yet read the title of the video (or the post, SPOILER!!!), I decided upon MGMT's "Electric Feel". Yes it is crazy but that is the point. Dreams are crazy. So just listen and if you feel up to it dance. It would be hard not to. I had to get up and dance when I found it on youtube and it started autoplay.

(If you pay close attention you can spot the two actors from the last MGMT video I posted in their same costumes and makeup from "kids" twenty points if you can spot them!)

-Three Feathers

No comments:

Post a Comment