Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Monday, February 14, 2011

Break-up t-shirts

We had broken up about three weeks ago.
But we had this tradition, whenever we got eathother gifts,
they had to be absurd t-shirts, and we HAD to wear them that day.
I had just come back from a trip to Europe with one when we broke up.
She had just come back from Mexico and done the same.

So we decided to make the trade.
Our weeks apart went by without major incident.
So, we figured we could handle this exchange.
I found the gift, under my dresser, still in its packaging.
Tucking it under my arm I went to our meeting spot at a friend's house.

I went first and handed her the clear wrapped package.
The union jack so massive it blinded, with the words:
"My Boyfriend went to London and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt"
It hadn't been my best effort but it was fitting enough to make her smile.

She handed me a worn looking green shirt.
yellow letters stating saucily:
"Single and ready to Mingle"
We had a drink with our friend wearing our new T-Shirts
Hugged
Then parted ways.

If all break-ups happened this way we might all still remember to laugh about it.

-Three Feathers

No comments:

Post a Comment