Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Malone's Secret Recipe

The one thing I do more than cry is laugh.

I know what you are thinking…and I am not bipolar.

I was recently telling a friend that I judge things (No. I never judge.) on whether or not they make me laugh out loud. I can tell if I enjoyed an episode of The Office based on my personal laugh-o-meter. If I burst out laughing while watching Kevin swim in chili he slaved over, then the writers achieved success. If not, then the writers should get their act together. But it’s Kevin so of course I’m going to be laughing.

I have no control over the noises that leave my mouth. This is only a problem when you are sitting in class and find the teacher’s comments hilarious when no one else does. You become the only person laughing out loud (not just chuckling, laughing) at the teacher’s witty statements. Everyone else hates you. You get a whole lot of STINK EYES staring at your distorted face.

Though my never ceasing laughter may disrupt the classroom, I have no problem with it. I would rather be laughing at every moment than indifferent. I feel happier when I laugh, some of the negative tension floats away.

Embrace your laughter. Who cares if your nose points up, or you make a weird wheezing sound (if you are my father you would make some kind of guttural noise that one cannot describe)? And more importantly find things that make you laugh.

I just happen to have found a lot of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7IVFea0yEc

No comments:

Post a Comment