Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Work it out

I decided to do some lunges the other day. Now, I prefer to do lunges in the halls of my dorm, but since I was doing these lunges for the sake of losing cookie weight, I completed them in the privacy of my own room, and therefore I did not find them as enjoyable. However, two days later they are starting to grow on me, along with the pain in my thighs.

My muscles ache from the reps of lungs I decided to put myself through. I mean, I only technically did about 20 lunges…but those things are hard. On the bright side, I am enjoying the pain.

That’s just masochistic.

Au contraire, my friend.

I like the strain in my muscles because it makes me feel alive and rejuvenated. It provides me with a sense of accomplishment and improvement. This feeling brings me back to high school when I attended pre-season in 100 degree weather. Back then I couldn’t even plop myself into bed at night without every inch of my body hurting from the amount of suicides my coach made the team run. And though I have gladly given up the suicides, the pain still feels the same (just not as severe). The tension in my legs will slowly start to go away, and the next time I do lunges my legs will be stronger and I will be able to do more reps. Maybe I’ll even reach 22 lunges.

No comments:

Post a Comment