Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Let your strengths shine

Speaking of StrengthsQuest mt, my strengths happen to be Empathy, Input, Developer, Positivity, and Ideation. I never really thought anything of StrengthsQuest until I started delving deep into the program and taking an in-depth look at my strengths. I was so surprised when I saw that they really did describe me well. And what I believe the program is great for is showing you aspects of yourself that you can really outwardly portray to become more authentically you. I realized that my strengths were all things relating to people, listening to people, feeling what they are feeling, building them up to be able to show the world the amazing beings I know they are, making people feel good. So I took all those and saw that my career path was to go into Student Development, because I love working with students, I love seeing them succeed, and I love when they become the person that they truly are. So, I embraced my strengths and used them to better the world around me. Strength to me isn’t always about being physically, mentally, or emotionally strong, it’s not always being the tough one, the smart one, the courageous one, but it can be finding that thing inside you that makes you shine. It’s about seeing what you can bring to the world, and I can see that your wonderful strengths are bubbling inside you ready to burst and say hello, if they haven’t already. Your light and your love is your strength.

“Your Growth is My Love”

You’re my blooming flower,
my brightest star,
my youngest sprout of knowledge and self.

It’s as if I tilled the soil round and round
until you got it through your head that
you could become somebody in this world,

This human world of action and reaction
of care and love and paying things forward
for years to come.

I took you and so many more who thought
as I once did—
“I am nothing.”

But when my guidance came in the form
of a loving mentor I knew right then and there
that was for me.

To build is to love

The human mind:
a sponge of wonderful proportion.
The human body:
an amazing thing to be accepted and loved.
The human spirit:
built from the ground up to shine brilliant light through the world.

This is what I do; this is what I set the seeds to create.
I feel
I seek
I move
I make
I develop people.

It’s my strength—
I embrace it
I love it
It’s something authentically me.

No comments:

Post a Comment