Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Friday, October 22, 2010

me in a nutshell

Who am I? It’s an interesting question that I sometimes struggle with. I mean, I know who I am, but to verbalize that fact is incredibly difficult. What do I say? Is who I am my hobbies, my traits, or my values? Is it what I wear, how I present myself, or my interests? I don’t really think a blog will do my being justice, but this is the best I got. So I figure I would talk about my loves, my beliefs, and myself. I love to read and I love to write, if you couldn’t tell already. I love to lie out on the grass and stare at the sky at 3:00 in the morning. I love to visit my greenhouse during late hours and water my marvelous plants. I love just thinking about life, about how amazing life really is. I love people watching because people are so fascinating. They are amazing creatures who never give themselves credit. I love sitting down with friends and having those conversations that one may call philosophical, (I call it invigorating). I love night walks, I love getting in touch with nature, and I especially love the times at the end of the day when I get to reflect on my life, my day, and myself. I love knowing who I am.

A part of who I am is what I believe in, because for one, I think that beliefs are lived out through everything that you do throughout your day. I belief every human being has the potential to offer something amazing to this world, and that if we all embraced love in its full entirety, things would seem a lot better. I believe in the celebration of love, unconditionally. I believe in justice for all people, I believe that everyone can find happiness, and I believe that, as humans, we are obligated to take action when we see people suffering. These loves and beliefs are who I am.

I could go on to say that I am a human being, beautiful as all human being are, that I am a brother, a son, an uncle, that I wear cowboy boots as much as possible and dance in them all the time, that I have amazing curly hair, and that I am a loving, kind person who serves as much as I can and takes as little as possible. But those are only parts of me, parts of my story. I am a whole, and you cannot separate the part from the whole. I am me, genuine and true, and I wouldn’t want it any other way. I’ll end with something that sums me up from Gandhi who said, “My life is an indivisible whole, and all my attitudes run into one another; and they all have their rise in my insatiable love for mankind.” Me in a nutshell : ). Oh and one more thing, just so you know, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment