Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Let go and go crazy

I have been reluctant to write about music, not only because everyone has different tastes but most of the time a song means something different to every person. We all experience music differently. A meaningful song will have certain memories and emotions tied to it so it is nearly impossible to have a song mean the same thing to more than one person. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, in fact I find it beautiful that some things are still beyond our ability to express in language.

Still some songs can bring similar emotions to nearly all of us. When I first heard this song I couldn't help but crank it up as loud as my speakers would allow bringing all my housemates to my room to see what the fuss was. We ended up having an impromptu dance party. This song is forever connected to memories of them and it became sort of a theme song for that part of my life. During our housemate's waterpolo games you'd find us blasting this song in the bleachers dancing with our faces painted in the school colors; often getting many other fans to join us.

Now this isn't the official video for this song, the band actually didn't make one for a long time because they liked this one so much (they even had the stars make a cameo appearance in another of their music videos) probably because the good feeling of the music and images is so contagious. You'll just want to dance, and I encourage you to do just that. I don't care if you're alone or with people turn this song up and just dance... and no wussing out. I know for a fact you are a fantastic dancer, so just let go and go crazy.
-Three Feathers




The song is "Kids" by MGMT (for those of you who don't already know)

No comments:

Post a Comment