Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Thursday, September 9, 2010

living.

Love. I want to love everyone. Everywhere. I want them all to know. I wish everything inside me was visible—that people could look at me and know I loved them, but not because I’m me, because they are them. Because they deserve all the love the universe can hold. That’s why I love tattoos, they make visible for me what is internal. My next one will say: dum spiro, spero.

Why? Why are you not living your life? Go to the beach. Feel the sand on each toe. Feel the heat. Tell the sun how much you love and appreciate it. Get so tan that you get those freckles on your shoulders. Stop biting your nails. There is NOTHING to stress about. NOTHING. Just be. You can’t control it all. Just be you. Exist. Just exist and love every minute of it. Come alive. Smile. Laugh. Love without fear, without hesitation and without pressure or expectation. Love freely and beautifully. Love tenderly. Express it in all the ways you possibly can.

I have a theory that HUMAN BEINGS DON’T WORSHIP EACH OTHER ENOUGH, DON’T CHERISH EACH OTHER ENOUGH, DON’T EXPRESS THEIR ENDLESS CAPACITY TO LOVE.

Literally, who would you be if fear did not exist? I would Mohawk my hair at some point, get many more piercings in my ears, get at least four more tattoos. I wouldn’t wear make-up unless I wanted to, but never because I felt like I had to. I would stop doing anything that could harm me in any way—no matter what. I would get certified in spin and yoga so that I could share my passion for them with others. I would live on the beach and hang all my laundry on a clothesline in my backyard. I would celebrate everyone and everything as often as I possibly could. I would learn to ride a bike and then I would take many, many rides on that bike. I would paint my nails often and paint them really pretty colors! I would smile at everyone I ever passed and read fantastic works of literature every time I got the chance. I would watch movies as often as I could find someone to cuddle with me, unless of course I wanted to be alone, in which case I would surround myself with blankets and pillows and watch a movie alone. I would jump in puddles and feel the rain soak every inch of my skin. I would tell people at least daily how much I love them. I would take really, really, really extra long showers and exfoliate my body all over! I would go to Asia. Then Europe. I would look at the stars every single night. I would write. Everything. I would embrace the fact that I write my life in my head as if it is a novel. I would sing in the shower, and when I washed the dishes, and while I walked anywhere and everywhere. I wouldn’t wear shoes. I would rarely wear bras. I would wear lots of skirts and dresses so that I could dance. I would constantly dance. I would run on the beach and I would rub people’s backs whenever they seemed stressed. I would live right now. I am looking out the window and the sky is gorgeous. I am so grateful for the sky, for all the skies I have ever seen and all those I will ever see. I would love myself as much as I possibly could without need for a reason to. My life would just be an outpouring of that love. I would plant both beautiful and practical things and then watch them grow. I would cook and bake and eat and love every mouthful as well as every scent. I would chose to see the beautiful in, the human in, the essence of everyone I met. I would make time to moisturize my skin (especially in the winter and especially my feet)! I would have babies and never let them question how much I love and cherish their mere existence. I would drink tons of tea and talk to my mom and my sisters every single day. I would tell my Dad how amazing he is and how much I appreciate him (and not just once). I would appreciate every single sky. I would live gratefully—so, so very gratefully. I would let my hair dry naturally. I would spend so much more time outside. I would learn for the rest of my life about anything that interests or excites me. I would walk around naked as much as I possibly could. I would try to get enough sleep, but never at the cost of a good conversation. I would live in the moment and never ever hold back, never ever live a second of my life as anyone other than myself.

I am beautiful—mt

2 comments:

  1. so beautiful! and totally you. love you lots :)

    mr

    ReplyDelete
  2. literally started crying as I read this. you are beautiful. xo. JLG

    ReplyDelete