Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Who are you?

Sometimes I can get so caught up in the illusion of everything that I forget who I am. I made this list on retreat a few months ago and thought I'd share it with you.

I love bananas and parker pens
I love driving around Baltimore and blasting music
I love Moleskine journals and acoustic guitars
I love argyle prints and earth tones
I love Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Dreamweaver
I love campfire but more importantly I love fire.
I love kayaks and kayaking and the color yellow
I drink too much black coffee and I love staying up late.
I love sunsets and sunrises
I like being outdoors and the smell of nature minus the allergies
I love wearing glasses and I love that people think I'm a nerd.
I love the sounds at a beach: waves crashing, kids crying and seagulls flying
I love cooking and feeding my friends
I love a great micro-brewed beer
I love graphic design, color theory and typography
I love politics, international relations and the Constitution of the U.S.A.
I love my name, JADS.
I love my voice, because it is my own.


-jas

No comments:

Post a Comment