Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

purdy, white precipitation

Its true, I'm a northern boy. I have lived many places but I've always felt the most connected to the north. There are countless reasons why but a major one (especially around the holiday season) is the wonderful snow. And none of that one or two inch business either, Its gotta be waist deep. Its so incredible to me how water can just hang out on top of land for awhile.

I don't even mind shoveling it. I find it calming, and even meditative. I used to walk barefoot in it to try and get the full "experience" of it. Many of my strongest memories are in the snow. I remember, years ago, having my first kiss with a soon to be girlfriend. It was night time we were under a street light, and the snow was whirling around us. There is some kind of magic in snow I cant articulate. I know it exists because I sense it every time i step out into the mystical frozen water crystals.


So when you're digging your car out of the snow, frustrated, and cursing under your breath, just remember the wonders of our planet, this one island in an ocean of stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment