Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Monday, June 6, 2011

i'm backkk

I wrote a poem while I was gone! It's not my normal mode of expression, but I hope you like it at least a little bit :)

Touched.

I want simultaneously to be alone and be held
Just as I feel simultaneously deep despair and endless hope
Just as human touch has power to both damage and heal
I want my touch to have the power
To remove the damage
Another's touch has caused.

I want to hold you and in doing so
Take the pain from your body
To mine
Because the fire within
Each molecule of my being
Will be strengthened by knowing
The pain touch has caused.

And don't worry when you see my physical reaction
The vomit and the tears are not weakness,
But love so strong my body cannot contain,
But grace so strong I am entirely consumed,
But an answer to my prayer:
Transformation to a vessel
Which can be filled with a courage and a strength
I, myself, do not possess.

Grace draws me forth,
Grace leaves me just one choice,
Grace fills my brokenness with light
As I walk,
Step by trembling step,
Urgently,
Out of the dark.

1 comment: