Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Monday, May 23, 2011

El Salvador.

Hello, my loves,

I am leaving for El Salvador in less than 12 hours and will not be back until June 3rd. I cannot wait to share my experiences with you.

First, though, there is something I want to share as well as a question I want to ask. Three years ago, after facing an intense depression, I gave up all faith in religion or in the god I had once so fervently believed in. For these past three years I have been missing this part of my life. I don't want to go back to who I was because that would be dishonest in light of the transformations I have experienced since that depression, but I do want this lack within me filled. I am going to El Salvador filled with a hope for rejuvenation and for opening a new door to a new faith, one that honors who I am and where I am today. This all being said, I ask that, if you wouldn't mind too much, you send a warm wish in my direction over the course of the next eleven days in hopes that I am refreshed and am able to more fully serve my purpose on earth and to give more fully the love that I so wish to share with the world.

In immense hope, love and gratitude,
mt

No comments:

Post a Comment