Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Like Honey Licked From Skin

Do you turn yourself on?

We are so concerned with turning others on, that we don’t think about turning ourselves on.

I suppose the more appropriate way of asking this question is do you love yourself? Do you do things for yourself, or for others? Do you buy that shirt because you like it or because you think others will?

I hope the answer is because you like it.

Who cares if other people like it.

Be you.

Screw them.

If I want to wear heels, I’m wearing them because I like them. Not because they are going to elongate my legs and make me look fine.

If you live your life for someone else, than you don’t actually have a life.

I’ve been listening to Make Love All Night Long by T.V. on the Radio a lot recently, because I found it one day on my iTunes (you should go find it too). And the song repeats “I’m gonna turn you on. Watch I’m gonna turn you on.” But I think you should turn yourself on and make love all night long. Translation: love yourself every second of the day, live for you and no one else.

Just turn yourself on and make love all night long.

1 comment:

  1. A beatiful commnent. I'm lookin for the lyrics of that song. I couldn't find it. But I found your words. Thank you

    ReplyDelete