Our mission:

Read about A Voice of One's Own, where it came from, where it's going, and how you can join its chorus of love here!!

Also, feel free to contact us at voiceofonesown@gmail.com. Guest posting and new writers are not only welcomed, but encouraged, so please feel invited to send us a little taste of your voice :)

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

weird musings on wednesday.

And when you look in my eyes

Please know my heart is in your hands

It’s nothing that I understand,

But when in your arms you have complete power over me

So be gentle if you please ‘cause

Your hands are in my hair,

But my heart is in your teeth, baby,

And it makes me wanna make you near me always,

Wanna be near you always,

Wanna be near you always.


CAPACITY TO LOVE.

RESILIENCY. FORGIVENESS. HUMANITY.

HUMILITY. LONGING. HOME.

There is love inside me that I do not understand. It is perfect and beautiful and greater than I am. I want to surrender to it, become one with it so together we can set the world on fire.

When our eyes meet, something happens to me. I cannot feel anything but love and utter, absolute awe.


There is someone who makes me me. We said goodbye this weekend for some indefinite amount of time. It sucked, but I am at peace (I guess). I wrote this to him so that I don’t call him or text him or email him because I know I shouldn’t. Right before we said goodbye he told me his favorite and least favorite things about me. His favorite thing: that I am unapologetic. His least favorite thing: that I second-guess myself even when in my heart I know I am right. They go hand in hand and my new goal is to live up to the characteristic unapologetic.

Come with me, let’s surrender to love and set the world on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment